The Pineapple Pity Party is over. It was good for me to write that post yesterday, because it was like a kick in the pants. As I was finishing the post, I started to think that it wouldn’t be that big of a deal to see what I was facing and possibly make a few more blocks. So, I went upstairs (the DSL still isn’t working up there, so I am racing up and down the stairs all day) and laid out all the blocks on the floor. This exercise coincided with some furniture moving, so it wasn’t an ideal situation.
The piece isn’t as big as I thought it was going to be. Certainly, it covers the floor, but that is it. I wasn’t able to get a picture of the whole thing, which means you can’t get the whole effect, but I think you can get the idea.
I looked at all the blocks and compared them to their neighbors and came up with a catalog of problems.
I have a plan of action, however, and I am happy about that.
- Make two new blocks: one center and one border and see how they compare to others.
- Try to figure out what exactly the problem is.
- Compare blocks to each other and sew as many together as possible.
- Remake blocks as necessary.
- Make pillows out of unusable blocks 😉