In cleaning up the fabric avalanche, I found a piece of marginally Christmas fabric. It is a little pale to be a gift bag, because eager eyes can see through it, but I made a gift bag anyway.
This made me think about my Christmas fabric and after looking through all that I had, I decided I needed to make bags out of it. My ribbon can is also overflowing. I don’t need anymore gift bags and the family is pretty well set, so I decided to try and encourage YOU to start using gift bags for your holidays. To encourage you, I will offer a prize of a variety of gift bags in November for anyone who participates. Most of them will be Christmas bags, because that is the fabric I have.
In order to participate you must:
- sew gift bags. No tape, staples or glue. Any fabric works
- post a photo to your blog or Flickr (or other easily accessible web space) of the gift bags you made
- put a comment with a link to the photo of your bag or bags in this post or a post related to the gift bag challenge. Each gift bag challenge post will say something like gift bag challenge
- keep track of participants
- post a tutorial and ideas for making gift bags
- on or around November 15, I will draw a name or names (depending on the number of gift bags I have to give away) of the winners
- enter more than once, but the limit is 10 times, which is about the number of months until November
- embellish, embroider to your heart’s content
- use any pattern you want including my tutorial
Rules subject to change without notice and my discretion.