For months I didn’t work on the Hexies project, then on the first I just dove in and added rows. I am not sure why except that it didn’t require cutting. The hexagons were there, the piece was there and I needed something to sew.
I got my head around the Y seams and did it. I didn’t want to sew one hexagon on at a time and I had a row started, so I finished the row and worked on sewing the whole row on at a time. It was a lot of stopping and starting, but I just did it. I developed a system and kept at it.
Things I have to figure out:
- How big to make it. It seems small now, but I know that if I fill my design wall it makes a pretty big quilt.
- Whether to unsew a section where I sewed two of the same fabrics together.
- How to finish the border – to square it off or leave it jaggedy. I am not sure I can face all those mitered binding corners
I plan to just work on it until I am done with the top.
Hexagon Related Posts:
Little Bluebell’s Cutting Instructions
May 21, 2011 – Hooked on Hexagons
June 1, 2011 – Hexagons Follow-up
June 7, 2011 – Attack of the Hexies
June 9, 2011 – Hexagons tutorial
October 20, 2011- Hexagons Return
November 13, 2012- Blue Chair Blog Hexagon Sewing tutorial
June 28, 2013- Hexagon Clarification
September 5, 2013 – Hexies Return