Finished: Fabric of the Year 2012

Finished: Fabric of the Year 2012

Finished: Fabric of the Year 2012

I am really excited about this finish! I think it looks really good. I keep looking at the center red/orange/pink shape in the middle and wondering if it is the upside down tip of Italy. No heel on the boot, so probably no hidden messages. ;-)

I am pleased that I remembered to put the darker patches on the bottom this year.

You might be wondering why I am so thrilled that a two year old project is finally finished. You are probably wondering why it takes so longer for me to finish these FOTY quilts. I don’t quilt quilts of this size myself and my quilter was going through some personal struggles, so she wasn’t as fast as she normally is. She is back on the saddle, so if I piece FOTY 2013, she can probably get it done in a few months. I need to do my part.

I am thrilled that it is done, because, hey DONE is DONE-Finished-Finito-complete! It means one less UFO/WIP. Who wouldn’t be excited about fewer WIPs?

FOTY 2012 Back

FOTY 2012 Back

DH was my quilt holder of the evening and as he was getting in position, he noticed the back and actually commented on the Philip Jacobs fabric I used for the back. I used it as an opportunity to expound upon the virtues of Philip Jacobs’ design prowess. My own personal audience. ;-)

And, did I say: another finish?!? Hooray!

See all Fabric of the Year quilts on the FOTY page.

About Jaye

Quiltmaker who enjoys writing and frozen chocolate covered bananas.
This entry was posted in Finished and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Finished: Fabric of the Year 2012

1. Susan McRae says:

I love it!!!

2. Valerie says:

Congratulations on your finish! And it is stunning! Love the composition. My favorite part is the way it dissolves into the top right corner.

3. Congratulations! I love it! I guess I hadn’t realized that there were rectangles and squares mixed, and I think it is so cool how each piece is quilted separately.

I keep thinking I see something like a face, but I can’t quite figure out what my brain is trying to see.

• Jaye says:

That was particularly clever on my part, though I didn’t know it at the time and it was a pain to piece. I really like the way my quilter did the quilting. She is a master.

4. TFQ says:

It’s fabulous. Once I move the shelves out of the living room there will be a space just the right size…. :-) You’d better not leave it where I can get to it next time I visit!

5. Tami Knox says:

Hooray!! It is beautiful!

6. Carol McDowell says:

Wonderful! It came out so good, I can see why you are happy with it. Seeing them all together with story and background is a great idea. For starters maybe a website or blog page? That would also give a venue a place to check them out to see and decide if it would fit their space. It is gallery or exhibit worthy for sure:-)

7. Jackie says:

Love this. The colors, layout aye wonderful.

8. Kathleen says:

I’m drooling over this quilt – so amazingly gorgeous! (I guess you can tell I like it.)
    I hope you are going to submit it to a quilt show or two?

9. Carole Wool says:

This is such a clever and creative idea, Jaye and very well executed.