Well, hello! It has been awhile since I confessed to my UFO and WIP list. February, as a matter of fact.
Finished 2017 Quilt Projects
None yet. Sad I know. My fabric used list is really suffering.
Finished 2017 Non-Quilt Projects
- 4 Clippy Pincushions
- Cupcake Pillowcases
- Dark Blue Journal Cover
- Gift Basket of various items
- Gift Clippy Pincushion
- Habitat Cell Phone Wallet
- Make It Take it Large Tote
- Make It Take it Small Tote
- One Hour Basket for me
- Red Dot Cell Phone Wallet
- Skeleton Cuff pillowcase
- Tooly McToolston
Shockingly, the above along with donation blocks and tops is about 50 yards of fabric this year and I am only a little bit in the black in terms of usage.
- Maureen’s Bits Donation Top
- Bubble Quilt
- Ends Donation Top
- Star Donation Top
- Yellow Donation Top/Back #2
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them.
- Carpenter’s Wheel blocks – The blocks are completed, as you know and I am well into putting the blocks together.
- City Sampler – blocks all made. Need to sash the blocks and finish putting the top together. I have the fabric I will use and I have no washed it, so nothing is stopping me from getting going.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I am still making stars. I am still using the big stack of fabrics I cut over Thanksgiving to make more stars. This piece is a weird shape otherwise I would just finish it and move on. I still a month of traveling with DH and he has plans for other trips where he has no duties, though there is still some negotiation to made on that.
- En Provence – Second clue is finished. I have decided to use blue where the purples are in Bonnie’s version. The blues are cut and I just need to sew.
- FOTY 2016 – It is still time to start arranging it. I wanted to do it immediately after finishing the Peacock top, but with my design wall issues, I don’t think I will.
- Lobster – have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Octagon 9 Patch: ready to put together. Not sure what I am waiting for. Another leaders/enders project or do I want to lay out the blocks more carefully?
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design and am happier with the colors. I haven’t worked on it since February.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I need to lay the blocks out and put the piece together.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, I did bring it to the 2017 CQFA Retreat as a potential project. It is still in a prominent location so I have easy access.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. No further progress. I did wash the background fabric I found when I went to Portland, so I am ready to cut. I need to focus on this and it is not up high enough on the list yet.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have stopped feeling like I need to finish this piece. I am not ready to give up on it yet. I think it really needs major surgery.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt: no progress.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I am ready to make the border blocks , but haven’t gone beyond designing the blocks yet.
Ready for Quilting
In Quilting Process
- Peacock Quilt – at Colleen’s
- Thanksgiving tablemat – I started quilting this piece at the 2017 CQFA Retreat. I made good progress, but it isn’t finished yet.
- Theoretically, the Tarts Come to Tea is in the quilting process, though I haven’t worked on it in a while. It did come with me to Retreat and almost made it high enough on the list to get some love.
Hunting and Gathering
- 30 Something: I am still cutting 1.5 inch squares. I am pretty sure I have the 800 I need, but I am not ready to sew these yet, so whenever I have a chance I cut more. It will give me choice when the time comes. I’ll have to think up a new name, too.
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2 inch squares. I am going to use these squares for En Provence, so I will need to cut more, I think.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background. I bought a new template, so I should be able to get going again
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space (and desire) in my schedule.
What’s on your list?