Gerre talked a bit about putting the Merit Hexies together in a project at the last meeting. This discussion was swirling around in my mind when I went looking through my media library (where all the photos I have posted to the blog live). Yes, I posted this photo back in February 2014, but with Gerre’s comments on my mind, it struck me anew today.
While I am not super bothered about sewing the merit hexies into something, I also don’t want them laying around for the rest of my life and then getting thrown out when I die. It would be interesting/fun to make pillows out of them, or cushion covers, and see how many I will make before the project peters out.
I thought a couple of things:
- I could arrange my hexies in this shape on a pillow or bag.
- I could make some extra Half Hexie Stars and make a pillow.
- I really like the color combination here (is anyone surprised?).
- Putting a straight edge on a cushion or small project would give me practice for the Half Hexie Star Quilt.
- I kind of like the idea of a hexagon shaped pillow. I suppose I would have to stuff it and that would be a hassle.