Good-bye 2012! I really enjoyed you! Nothing really bad happened and one of my dearest dreams (that has nothing to do with quilting) came true.
Here I am again telling you all about my accomplishments. Here are the finishes:
- Blue Donation Top
- Pink Donation top (June 2012)
- Pink Donation top #2
- Pink & Green Mosaic donation top
- Pink & Yellow donation top
- Yellow Donation top
- Stars for San Bruno #2
- Kissy Fish
- Food Quilt
- Flowering Snowball quilt (October 2012)
- Renewed Jelly Roll Race (September 2012)
- Stars for San Bruno #3 (April 2012)
- Whole Cloth Quilt
- Flowering Snowball: (10/31/2012)
- Glacier Bay (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Hovering Hawks (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Indian (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- January Donation Block (BAMQG)
- Japanese X (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge bonus block)
- Jewel Box (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- King’s Crown (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Lincoln (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Ocean Wave (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Peace & Plenty (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Quilt in Light and Dark (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Rambler (
- Rolling Stones (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Simple Flower Basket (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- True Blue (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- X Quartet (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Yankee Puzzle (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Zipper (BAMQG A-B-C Challenge)
- Swoon Block #1
- Swoon Block #2
- Swoon block #3
- Swoon block #4
- Swoon block #5
- Swoon #6
- Swoon block #7
- Swoon #8
- Swoon #9
- Swoon #10
- Swoon #11
- Swoon #12
- Swoon #13
- Swoon #14
- Swoon #15
- Swoon #16
- 6 April Donation Blocks (BAMQG)
- 4 February Donation Blocks (BAMQG)
- 5 March Donation blocks (BAMQG)
- 2 April & May Donation Blocks (BAMQG)
- May / June Donation blocks (BAMQG)
- 4 Quilt Con block Challenge Blocks
- 1 Princeton Public Library block
- Mark Lipinski cupcake block
- Mark Lipinski post-surgery block
- 4 Hurricane Sandy Disappearing 4 Patch blocks
- 16 Patchwork Wheel blocks
- Lovey block (Sawtooth Star)
- Advertising French Photography journal cover
- Belle Fleur Blue Journal cover
- Letter writing journal cover
- Philips Jacobs Happy Journal Cover
- Sonja Journal Cover
- Tina Givens Aqua/Turquoise journal cover
- Chocolate pillowcase for Erin
- Pizza cases for Young Man
- Sweet Dreams #3 Pillowcase for Michaela
- Mexican food fabric pillowcase for Kieran
- 10 pillowcases for kids from Sandy Hook Elementary school.
Merit Badges and Scout Patches
- 2011 Quality unit patch (April 2012)
- 2012 Patrol patch
- Family Life Merit Badge
- Rifle Merit Badge
- Shotgun Merit Badge
- Cinematography Merit Badge
- Strawboss patch
- Troop Scribe patch
- Troop Guide patch
- Cat Bed
- Froggy Cat Bed #2 (September 2012)
- Red Heart Cat Bed (#3 – November 2012)
- Charger Case – October 2012
I still have a few UFOs waiting for my attention, but due to the 26 Projects List, I made a lot of progress clearing out old projects.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I finished our fusible machine applique’ blocks and I am supposed to be preparing the next class on curves.
- Corner Store: Finished quilting the entire quilt and am stitching down the binding.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I haven’t quilted on this since April 2011. I really do need to work on the quilting. I was making good progress and then got sidetracked. Quilting the Whole Cloth quilt sort of got me back in the swing of quilting, so perhaps there is hope for this piece?
- Garden: I started this piece in a class with Pamela Allen in 2006. I also used this piece for my beading demo for the 2012 EBHQ Voices in Cloth show (March 17). I made the facing and started to stitch it down. After stitching down the facing, I need to make a sleeve and finish about 2? of blanket stitching that I noticed wasn’t complete. I am close to finishing and getting this off the list.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. Mrs. K. gave me more PP fabric and I won some from a giveaway. I think it is a sign that I need to work on this.
- See: needs satin stitching. Small, also a possibility for finishing.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I like the piece, but don’t know where to go from where I am. Mouth? Hair?
- Spiderweb: Top is together, binding is made. I am working at ripping out the foundation paper (what a pain and what a mess!). I need to make a back and then take it to the quilter.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much.
- Flower Sugar Hexagon: sewed more hexagons together. Sewing Y seams is a bit of a chore, so I get tired of doing it after awhile.
- Young Man’s t-shirt quilt: have cut up the t-shirts and am still in the process of applying fusible. He cleaned out his drawers and found some more t-shirts to add to the quilt. Oh Yay! <– just a bit of sarcasm. He asked me again for another quilt, so I think this one is next in line. I plugged in his heating mattress pad, though, which should keep him quiet for a bit longer.
I still have a few more WIPs than I do finished projects. I am pleased with the progress I have made.
Ready for Quilting, at the Quilter
- Original Bullseye: Top and back are finished. Needs binding and quilting. I think loopy feathers quilted in the border will set off the blocks fine.
- FOTY 2011: at the quilter, needs binding.
- Stepping Stones: at the quilter, made binding, which she will sew on for me and then I need to stitch down the binding.
- New: Wonky 9 Patch: needs quilting and binding. Not on original list
- New Super Secret Project #2: Top and back are made. It is ready to go to the quilter. Not on original list
- New: Super Secret Project: top, back and binding made. Ready to go to the quilter. Stay tuned. Not on original list
- Infinity blocks: blocks sewn together into a quilt top, borders on. Back and binding made; ready to go to quilter.
- A-B-C (A-Z) BAMQG Challenge – top finished, back and binding finished. Ready for the quilter.
Welcome, 2013! Let’s have an even better year!