milk and cookies
“This two-step milk revolution may have been a prime factor in allowing bands of farmers and herders from the south to sweep through Europe and displace the hunter-gatherer cultures.” Nature article
2008 film: “Milk is a 2008 American biographical film based on the life of gay rights activist and politician Harvey Milk, who was the first openly gay person to be elected to public office.” (Wikipedia)
Definition: “Milk is a white liquid produced by the mammary glands of mammals. It is the primary source of nutrition for young mammals before they are able to digest other types of food. Early-lactation milk contains colostrum, which carries the mother’s antibodies to its young and can reduce the risk of many diseases. Milk contains many other nutrients and the carbohydrate lactose. The majority of the world’s population is lactose intolerant.
As an agricultural product, milk is extracted from mammals during or soon after pregnancy and is used as food for humans. Worldwide, dairy farms produced about 730 million tonnes of milk in 2011, from 260 million dairy cows. India is the world’s largest producer and consumer of milk, yet neither exports nor imports it. New Zealand, the European Union‘s 28 member states, Australia, and the United States are the world’s largest exporters of milk and milk products. China and Russia are the world’s largest importers of milk and milk products.
splash of milk
The Dairy Council produces and gathers a wealth of nutrition information from a wide variety of worldwide sources to provide facts relating to milk
Milk of Magnesia
MILK Photo Books and Albums
Milk Bar (San Francisco)
Welcome to MooMilk.com, a fun and educational website about cows and milk with facts, contests, games and recipes.
App: Out of Milk
Allergy to cow’s milk is the most common food allergy in infants and young children.
Milk: machine learning toolkit for Python
Britain’s ‘flashiest playboy’ splashes out £10,000 on a bath that runs pure chocolate milk for his girlfriend… and it costs £1,000 every time
milk and honey
Milk studios is a premier, full service photography studio in both New York and Los Angeles.
National Milk Producers Federation
The print journal milk created by Larry Sawyer in 1998 became milkmag.org in 1999.
The Human Milk Banking Association of North America
Milk Boutique located at 8209 West Third Street, Los Angeles
Milk Music lets you adjust what songs play, based on factors like release date and popularity.
milk-trafficking gang known as the Rawesome Three
Plant milk: “Plant milk is a general term for any milk-like product that is derived from a plant source. There is no formal or legal definition for plant milk. Plant milks have been consumed for centuries in various cultures, both as regular drinks (such as the Spanish horchata) and as a substitute for milk, such as by some Christian denominations during Lent. The most popular varieties internationally are soy milk, almond milk, rice milk and coconut milk.
There are a variety of reasons for consuming plant milk, including health conditions such as lactose intolerance, milk allergy and PKU. Religious/spiritual reasons; veganism and ovo-vegetarianism;simple taste preference.
In the United States, soy milk was long the most popular non-dairy milk, but starting around 2010 almond milk began to see an explosion in popularity, and in 2013 it surpassed soy milk as the most popular variety. Other popular milks in the US are rice and coconut. In Europe, soy and oat milk are the most popular varieties, sold even in average supermarkets; as opposed to almond milk, which is usually more expensive, and is only found in health food stores. There is also hazelnut milk and milk from peas and lupin.
Post the direct URL (link) where your drawing, doodle, artwork is posted (e.g. your blog, Flickr) in the comments area of this post. I would really like to keep all the artwork together and provide a way for others to see your work and get familiar with your blog or website.
The Creative Prompt Project, also, has a Flickr group, which you can join to post your responses. I created this spot so those of you without blogs and websites would have a place to post your responses.
We are also talking about this on Twitter. Use the hashtag #CPP
- Almond milk, a milk-like beverage made from almonds
- Breast milk, milk produced by a human mammary gland
- Cow’s milk, milk produced by cows
- Coconut milk, a milk-like substance derived from a coconut
- Grain milk, any of various milk substitutes made from fermented grain or flour
- Plant milk, any of various milk substitutes made from plants
- Rice milk, a milk-like beverage made from rice
- Soy milk, a milk-like beverage made from soybeans
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Milk (Dragon Ball) or Chi Chi, a character in Dragon Ball media
- The Times of Harvey Milk, a 1984 Academy Award-winning documentary film about Harvey Milk
- Milk (film), a 2008 Academy Award-winning film about Harvey Milk
- Milk (Süt), a 2008 feature film by Turkish writer/director Semih Kaplano?lu
- Milk Music, a music app available in the Samsung Electronics app store
- M.I.L.K, a K-Pop girl group
- Milk (band), an alternative band led by Jeff Tremaine
- Milk (English band)
- Milk Inc., a vocal trance band
- Milk (Band Boston), an American rock band
- “Milk” (How I Met Your Mother), a 2006 episode of the sitcom How I Met Your Mother
- Milk, a Chinese pop artist and former member of the Taiwanese band Energy (band)
- Harvey Milk (1930–1978), American politician and gay rights activist
- Milk Inc., a company founded by Kevin Rose to work on mobile Web concepts