I finally made something in which to store the TP! Hooray! Only one, though, so I have another for the other bath off my to do list.
This is not a difficult project and I am glad I made it when I did, which was at the end of a long day of sewing. It was a very satisfying day where I was basically getting stuff done that had been hanging around on my to do list for way too long.
I needed less than a yard of fabric. The partial half yard worked fine for the exterior.
The following are simply some things to know about or to consider:
- The pattern used three different seam allowances
- I did not have fusible fleece on hand, so I used leftover Soft and Stable
Since I used Soft and Stable I sewed a couple of lines of quilting to attach the fabric to the Soft and Stable. Also, I had to do a Franken-batting job to the Soft and Stable, because I only had small pieces and didn’t want to open my new package. I used a very large zigzag stitch to hold the parts together. Where you see the zigzag in the picture (left) is where I had to sew bits and pieces of the Soft & Stable together.
I did a few lines of quilting since the pattern calls for fusible fleece and Soft & Stable isn’t fusible, just to keep the fabric attached. I don’t think it was really necessary, but it made me feel better.
The one thing I couldn’t do was add some Vinyl Fuse to the bottom. I like to do this for bags to keep them clean. I only add the VinylFuse if I can also sew all the sides of the Vinyl Fuse into a seam since there is a possibility of the fusible coming away from the fabric. Since this is for use in the bathroom and there is always a possibility of water on the floor, it would have been nice. On the other hand, I can always make a new one if this one gets nasty, especially now that I know how easy it is.
I put this in the tote bag hashtag basket. I am not sure it is really a tote bag, but I don’t have a basket tag and I am not about to make one at this moment. I may make a few more of these, but not tons, so into the ‘tote bag’ hashtag bucket it goes.
I can’t tell you how thrilled I am with this project. Getting the TPoff the floor has been on my list for an eternity. Finally! Yay!
Tanesha over at CraftyGardenMom website and podcast made one of these. I love the fabrics she chose! Pam at Hip to be a Square podcast made one as well.