After this one, I will post only 15 more prompts, then something new or not.
Post the direct URL (link) where your drawing, doodle, artwork is posted (e.g. your blog, Flickr) in the comments area of this post. I would really like to keep all the artwork together and provide a way for others to see your work and get familiar with your blog or website.
The Creative Prompt Project, also, has a Flickr group, which you can join to post your responses. I created this spot so those of you without blogs and websites would have a place to post your responses.
We are also talking about this on Twitter and Instagram. Use the hashtag #CPP
I am Woman, Hear Me Roar
woman of the year
Definition: “A woman is a female human. The term woman is usually reserved for an adult, with the term girl being the usual term for a female child or adolescent. The term woman is also sometimes used to identify a female human, regardless of age, as in phrases such as “women’s rights“. “Woman” may also refer to a person’s gender identity. Women with typical genetic development are usually capable of giving birth from puberty until menopause. In the context of gender identity, transgender people who are biologically determined to be male and identify as women cannot give birth. Some intersex people who identify as women cannot give birth due to either sterility or inheriting one or more Y chromosomes. In extremely rare cases, people who have Swyer syndrome can give birth with medical assistance. Throughout history women have assumed or been assigned various social roles.” (Wikipedia)
International Women’s Day (IWD) is March 8 and the 2016 theme is Pledge For Parity. Celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women
UN Women is the United Nations organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Women Organized to Make Abuse Nonexistent, Inc. (W.O.M.A.N., Inc.) has operated since 1978 as a community-based, multi-service agency
Women for Women International: Non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to financial, educational, and interpersonal support of women survivors of war, poverty and injustice.
Women of the Vine Alliance. The world’s leading membership alliance dedicated to the support and advancement of women in the alcohol beverage industry.
Global Fund for Women is one of the world’s leading foundations for gender equality, standing up for the human rights of women and girls.
Women Who Code (WWCode) is a U.S. based 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to inspiring women to excel in technology careers.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, etc.
National Organization for Women
National Women’s History Project: Originator of Women’s History Month.
League of Women Voters
Society of Women Engineers
National American Woman Suffrage Association
Go Red For Women
The National Women’s History Museum (NWHM) is dedicated to reclaiming the missing half of history – women’s history.
Center for Women Veterans
The position of woman in society has given rise to a discussion which, is known under the name of the ‘woman question’
Woman also can refer to:
- Womyn, an alternate spelling for woman
- Woman (Mike McGear album) and title track, 1972
- Woman (Nancy Sinatra album), 1972
- Woman (Burt Bacharach album), 1978
- Woman (Rhye album), 2013 album and title track
- Woman (Jill Scott album), 2015
- “Woman” (Paul McCartney song), recorded by Peter and Gordon in 1965
- “Woman” (John Lennon song), 1980
- “Woman”, a song by Free from their 1969 self titled album
- “Woman”, a song by James Gang from the 1970 album James Gang Rides Again
- “Woman”, a song by Level 42 from the 1982 album Strategy
- “Woman”, a song by Neneh Cherry, 1996
- “Woman” (Wolfmother song), 2005
- “Woman”, a song by Delta Goodrem from the 2007 album Delta
- “W-o-m-a-n”, a song by Etta James, from 1955. see Etta James discography
- A Woman, a 1915 film directed by and starring Charlie Chaplin
- Woman (1918 film)
- Woman (Australian magazine), an Australian magazine published between 1934 and 1954
- Woman (1968 film)
- Woman (UK magazine), a mainstream women’s weekly magazine
- Woman, ring name of Nancy Benoit, the professional wrestling valet and wife of Chris Benoit
- The Woman (1915 film), a 1915 American drama silent film directed by George Melford
- The Woman (2011 film), a 2011 American horror film directed by Lucky McKee
- Mary (mother of Jesus), addressed as woman by Jesus in John 19:26
- Woman of the Apocalypse, a character in the Book of Revelation
- One of a number of paintings by the artist Willem de Kooning