Finished 2017 Quilt Projects
Still none yet. Still sad, though I am getting the Peacock back soon, which after binding, should put me back in the black in terms of fabric usage. I hope. My fabric used list is still really suffering from frequent travel, tempting new quilt shops and fabulous fabrics.
Finished 2017 Non-Quilt Projects
While quilts are thin on the ground, I have been sewing and I have finished sewing a lot of small projects. I think that trend has mostly ended, but I expect to make a few more small projects this year.
- California Pillow
- 4 Clippy Pincushions for gifts
- Cupcake Pillowcases
- Dark Blue Journal Cover
- Emerald Philip Jacobs Cell Phone Wallet
- EPP Travel Kit for Mary
- Gift Basket of various items
- Gift Clippy Pincushion
- Habitat Cell Phone Wallet
- Journal cover for Mary
- Key Ring for Mary
- Lanyard & Scissor Sheath for Mary
- Make It Take it Large Tote
- Make It Take it Small Tote
- Make It Take It Sunflower Tote
- Mugrug for Mary
- Needle Safe for Mary
- One Hour Basket for me
- One Hour Basket for Mary
- Pencil Roll for Mary
- Perfect Pincushion for Mary
- Red Dot Cell Phone Wallet
- Skeleton Cuff pillowcase
- Tissue Cover for Mary
- Tooly McToolston
Shockingly, the above along with donation blocks and tops is about 50 yards of fabric this year and I am not in the black in terms of usage.
- Maureen’s Bits Donation Top
- Bubble Quilt
- Ends Donation Top
- Star Donation Top
- Yellow Donation Top/Back #2
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them.
- Carpenter’s Wheel blocks – I am almost finished putting the blocks together. I had a goal of Friday, but my quilter is going out of town before I can finish the top, back and binding, so I might be stalled again.
- City Sampler – blocks all made. Need to sash the blocks and finish putting the top together. I have the fabric I will use and I have no washed it, so nothing is stopping me from getting going.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I am still making stars. I am still using the big stack of fabrics I cut over Thanksgiving to make more stars. This piece is a weird shape otherwise I would just finish it and move on.
- En Provence – I am well into the third clue clue is finished. I have sewn over 120 blue four patches and have about 40 to go. I have been focusing on the Carpenter’s Wheel, so am stalled on this once again. I am, however, cutting more pieces in between the Carpenter’s Wheel.
- FOTY 2016 – I knew it was time to start arranging it and didn’t realize I was stalled until I saw Ellsworth Kelly’s Spectrum Colors Arranged by Chance, 1951-53. Now I am excited again about it, so it is closer to the top of the list. 6 months into the year and I need to get on it.
- Lobster – I still have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Octagon 9 Patch: ready to put together. Not sure what I am waiting for. Another leaders/enders project or do I want to lay out the blocks more carefully?
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design and am happier with the colors. I still haven’t worked on it since February.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I need to lay the blocks out and put the piece together.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, I did bring it to the 2017 CQFA Retreat as a potential project. It is still in a prominent location so I have easy access.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. No further progress. I did wash the background fabric I found when I went to Portland, so I am ready to cut. I need to focus on this and it is not up high enough on the list yet.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have stopped feeling like I need to finish this piece. I am not ready to give up on it yet. I think it really needs major surgery.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt: no progress.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I am ready to make the border blocks , but haven’t gone beyond designing the blocks yet.
- Lozenge quilt – need to trim blocks.
Ready for Quilting
In Quilting Process
- Thanksgiving tablemat – I started quilting this piece at the 2017 CQFA Retreat. I made good progress, but it isn’t finished yet.
- Theoretically, the Tarts Come to Tea is in the quilting process, though I haven’t worked on it in a while. It did come with me to Retreat and almost made it high enough on the list to get some love.
Peacock Quilt – finished quilting; have to pick up from my quilter, so I can bind.
Hunting and Gathering
- 30 Something: I am still cutting 1.5 inch squares. I am pretty sure I have the 800 I need, but I am not ready to sew these yet, so whenever I have a chance I cut more. It will give me choice when the time comes. I’ll have to think up a new name, too.
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2 inch squares. I used a lot of these squares for En Provence, so I will need to cut more.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background. I bought a new template, so I should be able to get going again
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space (and desire) in my schedule.
What’s on your list?