I feel like I am making good progress. Compared to last time I have added a number of finishes to my list. I have finished projects that have been hanging around and nagging at me and that feels great. I am still on that trajectory, so I hope to add some more finishes to my list during April as well.
Finished 2018 Quilt Projects
- En Provence Quilt – finished 3/22/2018
- Mostly Manor Lozenge Quilt -finished 1/1/2018
- Planned Improv – finished 3/2018
- Ta Dots & Stripes – finished 3/2018
Finished 2018 Non-Quilt Projects
- YM’s hat – finished and sent
- Cowl – finished and presented
- EPP Travel pouch gift
- Hansel and Gretel dolls and accessories for my little niece.
- Roadtrip Bag – finished 3/2018
- My new Sew Together Bag – finished 3/18/2018
- 2 Gift Sew Together bags – finished 3/2018
- Superhero(ine) Apron – finished 3/23/2018
- Walking Foot WOW pillow cover – finished 3/24/2018
- Zip Away Organizer – finished 3/31/2018
- 16 blocks: January Donation blocks
- 24 blocks: February Donation blocks
- 5 blocks: 2018 Donation blocks
- 5 blocks: New Year Donation blocks
- 4 blocks: March pre-meeting donation blocks
- Ends Donation quilt n.3
- Ends Donation quilt n.4
- HRT Donation top and back
- Terrain quilt – SIL and I made the top and back and Tim quilted it. He put the binding on at March’s Sew Day
- Michael Miller donation blocks pt.1
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I made a little bit of progress on Friday night. I think I might be back in the saddle on this.
- Stepping Stones #2 – Now that the BAMaQG IRR is off the design wall, I am planning to put this back on it and work on it. I have a loose goal of completing two quilt tops (+backs, binding) before April 9th and this is one I’d like to complete. If I am going to make my goal, I need to get busy. I need to cut more patches and sew more border blocks.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I need to lay the blocks out and put the piece together. No new progress.
- BAMaQG Color Round Robin – no progress.
- City Sampler – blocks all made. Need to sash the blocks and put the top together. Due to some issues I had with my seam allowance, some of the blocks are smaller than others, so I will have to adjust them in some way – either ripping and resewing, adding a piece or two to the block or with sashing. This is sort of a sticking point and while I consider this quilt ‘in process’ I hadn’t worked on it in awhile until I took the blocks to the BAM Sew Day and started measuring. Once I know what I am facing for each block, I can move forward. No new progress.
- FOTY 2017 – pieces cut. Need to layout and start piecing. No new progress.
- Handbag Sampler – this is a project about which I had forgotten. I actually don’t know exactly where the blocks are hiding. I have an idea and will crawl up in the far reaches of my fabric closet soon and see if I can find them. I haven’t even found a picture of all the blocks. The blocks were teaching samples when I taught a sampler class the time before I started writing the quilt class sampler tutorials.
- Lobster – I still have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Octagon 9 Patch: I am continuing to sew pairs together as leaders and enders. I have gotten over my concerns, because I want to make progress. Minimal amount of new progress.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. I need to focus on this and it is not up high enough on the list yet. No new progress.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I am still stalled on this again. I have to analyze why I want to finish this piece.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt: no new progress.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design and am happier with the colors. I have a new idea for it, which is to make a pillow and gift it to a friend.
- Black and Red quilt – This came about because of two other projects. I made a whole bunch of bias tape as part of my failed attempt at doing the Mighty Lucky Club a few years ago. Another part of the inspiration came from my class with Tina of Little Blue Cottage fame. This was going to be for a nephew, but I think it will be for one of my SILs and BILs. I have rectangles cut and some bias tape ready. My next step is to sew the bias tape to the rectangles like pickup sticks. I don’t have any photos of this, so you’ll have to trust me.
Small Projects in Process
- 1 gift Sew Together Bag as a gift – nothing cut
- Tool Tote – I bought the pattern at QuiltCon and started cutting it out at Sew Day in March
Ready for Quilting
- nothing right now
In Quilting Process
- BAMaQG IRR –The sandwich has been basted. I plan a couple of lines of machine quilting and then I will do the rest by hand quilting it using Big Stitch. I hope I remember how to Big Stitch.
- FOTY 2016– Finished piecing and is at the quilter
- Thanksgiving tablemat – I have the correct feet and just need to get busy.
- Theoretically, the Tarts Come to Tea is in the quilting process, though I haven’t worked on it in a while. See above.
- Triple Star – Finished piecing and is at the quilter
- Nothing now
Hunting and Gathering
- 30 Something: I am still cutting 1.5 inch squares. I am pretty sure I have the 800 I need, but I am not ready to sew them together yet, so whenever I have a chance I cut more I cut more. It will give me choice when the time comes. I’ll have to think up a new name, too. My next step will be to figure out if I need to cut other sizes of squares and switch from cutting 1.5? squares to cutting the new size.
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch blue rectangles. It has to end sometime. I wasn’t sure I was ready to put this together, but I think I am. I might do a couple of gradation quilts in a row just to get the practice.
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2 inch squares. I used a lot of these squares for En Provence, so I am slowly cutting more.
- FOTY 2018: I have started cutting 2.5″ squares for the 2018 version.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I might have to cut some more background fabrics. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background, which required the purchase of a new template. I should be able to get going again
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space (and desire) in my schedule.
I bought some fabric, so I am down on net usage. Still gross usage is just over 90 yards (45 net; yes I have bought about 45 yards worth of fabric this year!). I am pleased, but I want to hit 50 yards net as soon as possible. If I could make it to 100 yards NET used by the end of the year, I would be ecstatic.
What’s on your list?