Aqua-Red Sampler Top Nearing Completion

Aqua-Red Sampler Quilt border audition
Aqua-Red Sampler Quilt border audition

I worked hard on the Aqua-Red Sampler quilt over the weekend. It was great to have a nice long weekend. I made a lot of progress and will be glad to get this quilt out of my hair.

You will notice that I rearranged the blocks since my last layout. I also did not include the Cathedral Window block. It was just too thick. I have another test block from this quilt and I think I will make a pillow from the two of them.

I made a new block and needed to rearrange the blocks because of the colors. I didn’t want all the big red dots and daisy fabrics lumped together in one area. This quilt has been one problem after another and I hope that the borders will cut me some slack.

I found a bright white (Pure Elements Snow, which is different from Kona Snow) that picked up and highlighted the other bright whites in the blocks. I tried not to include too much cream where possible. I’m not sure about the width of that white border (2.5 inches). I may rip it off and make it smaller. That is not my first choice.

I thought the daisy fabric would be exciting, but I would have to struggle with making sure I used every scrap if I can’t find the rest of the stash of it that I know I have somewhere. The solid turquoise would be a  solid choice. By that I mean that it would work, it would probably hold in all that is going on in the quilt.

 

Author: JayeL

Quiltmaker who enjoys writing and frozen chocolate covered bananas.

3 thoughts on “Aqua-Red Sampler Top Nearing Completion”

      1. I wondered about that!

        I don’t have a big enough place to cut the border once it is on the quilt. I have tried that before and my small cutting table doesn’t work for it. We’ll see what happens.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *