Sewing the back is my least favorite part of the quiltmaking process. Quilting doesn’t count since I usually don’t do it. This particular back took longer than expected, because I prepared all the fabric twice.
I decided to use the stripes for the back because I hadn’t used much of them on the front. I proceeded to cut up the dot fabrics for the back.
Nope, not a typo. I did the exact opposite of what I intended. I don’t know what I was thinking.
It didn’t really matter, so I took down all the dots and started again. I had made the binding in advance so I could use all of the stripes I wanted as long as I could deal with the diagonal cut out of the yardage for the binding.
As you can see from the photo, I was able to make a back. It seems a little darker than I intended, but it could just be the contrast of the white from the front.