Superhero(ine) Apron

Superheroine apron
Superheroine apron

The Superheroine apron is done. This, however is a project that has to be shown at guild, then shown at the fair before it can go to its intended recipient.

As mentioned previously, I had all the pieces cut out. I had started to do little bits and bobs, but Friday, I worked on it in earnest and, shockingly, I got it done.

I was sort of surprised to see how much of me was covered when I tried on the apron. My niece is a bigger girl than me, so I think it will fit just fine.

Superheroine apron - laceup front
Superheroine apron – laceup front

The yellow is an addition that I made that is supposed to look like a lace up front. I am not sure it does, but at least I tried.

I had to recut several pieces, because they weren’t right after I decided to add a D ring at the top. I also made the apron lined by cutting out two body pieces and sewing the RST.

I talked to Mary and then looked up how to make D Rings work on the web. I wanted the neck to be adjustable, so the apron is comfortable.

YAY! Another must-do off the list! Now I am tempted to make the Decades of Style Flapper Apron I bought when I was out with Amanda last time. I want to make them for gifts and now would be a good time. I’d also use A LOT of fabric. We’ll see.

Author: JayeL

Quiltmaker who enjoys writing and frozen chocolate covered bananas.

One thought on “Superhero(ine) Apron”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *