I have been sewing fairly steadily for the past month or so. I am making progress, but don’t have any finishes – or any large finishes – to speak of. Somehow I feel like I am in a morass of projects and not able to move forward. It is as though I am sewing in place.
Finished 2016 Quilt Projects
- Cityscape / Red & Black Improv quilt
- Fabric of the Year 2015 (FOTY 2015)
- Food Quilt #3
- Flower Sugar donation quilt
- Food Donation quilt (did not quilt-just made top, back and binding)
Finished 2016 non-Quilt Projects
- Apron (need to take a photo!)
- Christmas Tablerunner
- Periwinkle Sew Together Bag
- 4 gift bags
- my Sew Together Bag
- Periwinkle Multi-tasker Tote
- 3 Thanksgiving table runners
- BAMQG Winter Extravaganza Palooza Swap gift: Flip Flap Bag
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them.
- Carpenter’s Wheel blocks – I still need to make a few blocks, though I did see a layout similar to the one I mentioned I liked in the new book I got from Sandy K from the BAMQG Winter Extravaganza Palooza Swap. The layout has the blocks laid out in a circle.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I am still making stars. I cut a big stack of fabrics for more stars over Thanksgiving.
- Lobster – have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Octagon 9 Patch: ready to put together. Not sure what I am waiting for. Another leaders/enders project or do I want to lay out the blocks more carefully?
- Peacock Quilt – on the design wall and sewing the top together is in process.
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. No further progress. I did find more of the background fabric when I went to Portland, so I can make a larger piece.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I am in the process of making the border blocks after I designed them to be a little different from the first Stepping Stones quilt.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design and am happier with the colors. I bought a few spools of Aurifil 12wt and have been embroidering motifs with it and Perl Cotton. It might become a lush pillow for someone.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I made progress on the partial seaming tutorial and need to sit down to finish it.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, it is in a prominent location so I have easy access. I am taking a machine quilting workshop soon (shock, horror, I know) and the focus is on background motifs. Just what I need!
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this project either, but I do think about it.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have stopped feeling like I need to finish this piece. I am not ready to give up on it yet. I think it really needs major surgery.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt: no progress, though I have been thinking about her.
Ready for Quilting
- Thanksgiving tablemat
In Quilting Process
- Theoretically, the Tarts Come to Tea is in the quilting process.
Hunting and Gathering
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2? squares
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background. I bought a new template, so I should be able to get going again
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space in my schedule.
What’s on your list?